DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We are committed to providing you with professional and valuable products and services whilst safeguarding your privacy.
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Advancer Global Limited (“Advancer”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of persons in accordance with the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:
“person” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any services we provide, or (b) may enter or has entered into a contract with us for the supply of any services by us, or (c) has submitted a job application with us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, identification card number, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information, education background, and information about your usage of and interaction with our website.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We generally collect personal data from our customers, business partners, employees, and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect data that has been provided to us voluntarily by you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”).
- These personal data may be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or through our website(s). We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us. These data would be collected only for business purposes or for the purpose(s) stated by us when we gather the personal data from you.
- The personal data collected may be used for any or all the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- as part of our business operations;
- for job application and recruitment purposes;
- for billing and reporting, such as for invoicing and account management purposes;
- for follow-up action regarding any complaints, feedback, queries or requests received via our website or any other communication channels; and
- assisting in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- with your consent, where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you;
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules; or
- with your consent, to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Paragraph 6 above for us. Any third parties engaged by us will be contractually bound to keep all personal data confidential.
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal data for the purposes listed in paragraphs 6 and 7, you may submit a request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below or indicate in the personal data collection form submitted to us (if any). Depending on the complexity of the request and its impact to our relationship with you, we will not collect or, within 30 days of our receipt of your request, cease using and/or disclosing your personal data in accordance with your request.
- The purposes listed in Paragraph 6 may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdrawal of Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw your consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to our Data Protection Officer.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving. Should we require more time to give effect to a withdrawal notice, we will inform you of the time frame by which the withdrawal of consent will take effect.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in paragraph 10
- The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the Purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. Where it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Policy, we will not be able to provide products and/or services or otherwise deal with you.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- Within a reasonable timeframe of receiving your request in writing, we will provide you with access to your personal data that is in our possession or control and/or information about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of the request.
- Within a reasonable timeframe of receiving your request in writing, we will correct an error or omission in your personal data that is in our possession or control and send the corrected personal data to other organisations to which the personal data was disclosed within a year before your request was made.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
Protection of Personal Data
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection and encryption to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to authorised third parties and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete.
Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Cross-border Transfers of Personal Data
- Where necessary for business-related purposes, we will obtain your consent for any cross-border transfer of your personal data and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations.
Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiry, feedback or complaint regarding our personal data protection policies and procedures, if you wish to make any request, or if you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out-dated.
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com or phone at +65 6388 8888.
- We may revise this Notice at any time without any prior notice. Your continued use of our services and/or products constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Updated: October 2022